Terms and Conditions of Sale
The following constitute the terms and conditions applicable to all sales by Home Appliance Mart, Inc. and represent the entire agreement of sale. Thank you for your purchase; we appreciate your business and will do everything we can to ensure your satisfaction. Any purchase order or written acceptance of a quote from Home Appliance Mart constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions:
- For product delivered by Home Appliance Mart, all damage issues must be reported to the driver at the time of delivery or within 24 hours if product was concealed within a box.
- If product is delivered by common carrier, the customer must inspect product and claim damage on the bill of lading WITHOUT signing acceptance of product in good condition.
- If you accept the merchandise in good condition, and sign as such, then you become responsible for all damage claims.
- All claims for shortages must be made at time of delivery.
- Home Appliance Mart, Inc. reserves the right to refuse all returns without authorization and proper documentation.
- It is the customer's responsibility to ensure the merchandise ordered will fit the desired location.
- The removal and/or relocation of old appliances are subject to additional charges. Redelivery due to customer error or being unavailable to receive merchandise, as scheduled, is subject to additional charges. It is agreed and understood that Home Appliance Mart, Inc. or its agent is not responsible or liable for any damage incurred to any person or property while installing or moving in or out, any new or used merchandise from said premise.
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee of up to 50% of the original purchase price.
- Home Appliance Mart, Inc. will not accept any returns that are not in brand new sellable condition packaged in the manufacturer's box, complete with packing material, product literature and blank warranty cards.
- Special order product is always subject to a restocking fee of up to 50% of the original purchase price.
- Any product that has been installed (or an attempt has been made to install), cannot be returned.
- Shipping and Handling charges are nonrefundable.
- C.O.D. is not an acceptable method of payment. All orders must be paid in full, 48 hours prior to delivery. Credit cards must be processed in-store and not by phone, except in the case of a web-sale transaction.
- All orders require a 50% deposit (nonrefundable on special order merchandise) and a 14 day lead time for delivery.
- Customer is entitled to any manufacturer's warranty. Home Appliance Mart, Inc. disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Incidental or consequential damages for lost profits, sales, labor, injury to person or property or other incidental or consequential damages against Home Appliance Mart, Inc., its agents or employees, are prohibited. Purchaser agrees that the sole and exclusive remedy against Home Appliance Mart, Inc. is for the repair or replacement of nonconforming merchandise or return of the purchase price less the restocking fee. Purchaser agrees that any action against Home Appliance Mart, Inc. must commence within one year of purchase. This agreement is binding on all successors and assigns of purchaser and cannot be modified except by written instrument signed by Home Appliance Mart, Inc. management.
- Customer agrees to pay all costs, including reasonable legal fees, incurred by Home Appliance Mart, Inc. related to its past due accounts. A $40.00 fee is charged for each returned check.
- Construction Lien Act Notification. Residential builders, residential maintenance and alteration contractors, electricians and plumbers are required to be licensed under the laws of the State of Michigan. Home Appliance Mart, Inc. is not required to be licensed. Non-payment of an invoice will result in a lien on the property at 90 days.
- The Michigan Building Contract Act, also known as the Michigan Builders Trust Fund Act, shall apply to all purchases by builders, contractors and subcontractors.
- Credit Terms on Approved Credit Sales. All invoices are due within approved and stated terms and a 1.5% finance charge may be assessed beyond the due date.
Disclaimer: Customer agrees to these terms published when they place a completed order with Home Appliance Mart, Inc. and customer authorizes their credit card company to abide by these terms.